Metrological Partner Privacy Statement
1. RESPONSIBLE METROLOGICAL ENTITY
At Metrological, trust is a core value. This Metrological Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our privacy practices for the activities set out in this Privacy Statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data. If you wish to learn more about the data we process when you use our app platform, please read our Platform Privacy Statement. “Metrological”, “we” and “us” refers to Metrological Media Innovations B.V. and its affiliates, having its principal place of business at Mariniersweg 151, 3011 NK Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
2. PROCESSING ACTIVITIES COVERED
This Privacy Statement describes how your Personal Data is collected, processed and protected when:
- we use your Personal Data for marketing purposes;
- you use the Metrological Dashboard which we, amongst others, offer to content providers, Lightning Partners, Lightning Certified Developers and/or app store operators;
- you use the support forum which we offer to the Lightning (app dev) community;
- you fill out any of our web forms or request user support, or if you contact us by other means;
- register for, attend and/or otherwise take part in our events, webinars and training;
- you become a Metrological Certified Lightning Developer;
- you visit our websites that display or link to this Privacy Statement; and
- we invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in connection with the use of the Metrological Application Platform or the apps made available by content providers and app store operators through such platform. This Privacy Statement also does not apply when you apply for a job at Metrological.
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
For the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, we collect and process the following data that we have on you:
- If you express an interest in obtaining information about our services, are subscribed to our marketing and email newsletters, voluntarily share your contact information with us at an event that we are also attending, request customer support, use our web forms or similar features, apply for becoming a Lightning Partner, register to use our websites, sign up for an event, training, or webinar, or download certain content, we may collect your contact information, such as your name, gender, job title, company name, address, phone number and email address;
- If you use our online dashboard or support forum we will collect your login details, IP address, user settings, browser data and your actions on this forum, such as webpage visited, number of visits, etc. If you register for our support forum, we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, social media profiles, company name and areas of expertise. We will also collect all other information that you voluntarily share on this forum, such as comments you place, questions you ask or answers you submit. We will also process your login details for this forum;
- We process your name and contact details to invite you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys. You may always choose to opt out of receiving future invitations to participate in customer satisfaction surveys, by using the opt out option in the email invitation. If you choose to participate, we will also process the opinions you expressed in the survey. We aim to aggregate these opinions to a level that we cannot, or no longer, identify you. However, if there are a relatively low number of participants in the survey or based on the opinions expressed, it cannot be ruled out that we may be able to identify you;
- If you successfully complete the Lightning training course provided by our preferred Lightning training partners, currently Credersi, to become a Metrological Certified Lightning Developer, we will receive information about you from the Lightning training partner. More specifically, we will receive your full name, date of birth, email address, company name and details regarding the Lightning training course you attended, such as the date of the exam.
4. WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
We process Personal Data about you for the following purposes:
- Marketing and Newsletters. We send marketing and newsletter emails about our products and services to our existing customers whose contact details we have obtained due to our customer relationship with them and who have not previously opted-out. We also send marketing and newsletter emails to individuals who have expressed an interest in Metrological’s products or services or who have signed up for these emails. We conduct our marketing activities because these are necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our services. Where legally required, we will conduct these processing activities only if you have provided your prior consent. You can unsubscribe from email marketing and newsletter communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in each newsletter or other marketing communication.
- Communicating with you. If you fill out any of our web forms or request user support, or if you contact us by other means, including via a phone call and email, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- Events & Trainings. We collect and store your Personal Data to process your application to our events and training and issue and register your obtained Metrological certificates. We process these Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with these events, training and certification.
- Metrological Dashboard. Metrological processes your Personal Data in order to make sure that you will be able to properly use the dashboard functionality. We do so inthe legitimate interest of the Lightning Partners, Lightning Certified Developers, content providers and the app store operators to gain insight in the usage of their app and app store(s), and/or to develop and test their app(s) running on Lightning framework. This functionality is made available https://dashboard.metrological.com.
- Metrological Lightning Program. We collect and store your Personal Data to maintain a database of all the Metrological Certified Lightning Developers. We do so for the legitimate interest of the Metrological Certified Lightning Developers to receive the benefits vested in the obtained certifications, such as to receive support and to receive service communications about Lightning.
- Support Forum. Metrological processes your data in order to make sure that you will be able to properly use the support forum functionality and to allow you to create a username which identifies you in the discussion forum and permits you to ask and respond to questions and to place comments. We keep your information anonymous except for that information which you explicitly share using the forum profile and posting features. We process these Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with access to the Metrological support forum and our legitimate interest to offer the support forum and spread knowledge about our services amongst the users thereof.
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys. We process your Personal Data to invite you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys and to process the opinions that you express in the surveys. We conduct these customer satisfaction surveys for our legitimate interest to obtain your opinion on various aspects of our services via a web-based questionnaire, to analyze the questionnaire information statistically, to draw conclusions on customer satisfaction and to improve our services. We may contact you to discuss the opinions that you have expressed in the questionnaire, but we will always ask your approval for this before contacting you.
Cookies and other similar techniques, such as scripts, are small files that can be placed from our domains on the user's devices. Based on cookies, you can be recognized on a subsequent visit and information can be collected about the use of the websites. There are different types of cookies. In some cases, cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. In other cases, these cookies are retained for a longer period of time and can also be read out for subsequent use of the services.
7. WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may disclose Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates. We may share Personal Data to our subsidiaries and affiliates (including those located outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland) as necessary to support provision of our services and to operate our business.
- Competent authorities. We disclose Personal Data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we are otherwise legally obliged to do so.
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Data processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
In some cases the storage of your Personal Data is linked to the term of the applicable concluded agreement. This is the case for the dashboard. After termination or expiration of this agreement, Metrological will use best efforts to make sure that the data will be deleted immediately.
We retain data in relation to customer satisfaction surveys conducted for five years, so we can compare the results of the survey with previous years. We aim to aggregate these data to a level that we cannot, or no longer, identify you. However, if there are a relatively low number of participants in the survey or based on the uniqueness of the answers given by you, it cannot be ruled out that we may be able to identify you up to five years after the survey has been conducted.
We retain data in the Metrological Certified Lightning Developers’ database for as long as your Metrological Lightning Developer certification is still valid.
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such data.
For further information on applicable data retention periods, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Us” section, below.
9. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The processing of Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of Personal Data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, we shall only transfer Personal Data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is still protected in line with European standards. You can ask us to see a copy of these contractual agreements using the contact details provided below.
10. YOUR RIGHTS OVER THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD
We want you to be in control of how your Personal Data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your Personal Data, or you can ask us to correct any of the Personal Data we hold about you but, as explained below, you may be able to make such changes yourself. We rely on you to ensure that your Personal Data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your Personal Data by contacting us. If you have an online user account, you can access your Personal Data through our dashboard and the support forum. The dashboard and the support forum generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the processing of the Personal Data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your Personal Data. For example, you can ask us to delete your Personal Data from the Metrological Certified Lightning Developers’ database. When we delete your Personal Data from such database as requested, we will not be able to provide you with any benefits which you receive from this certification, such as support or service communications about Lightning;
- in certain situations, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place in regards to the processing activities covered by this Privacy Statement;
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the Personal Data you have given us to a third party;
- you can at any time withdraw any consent that you have given; and
- where we process your Personal Data based on legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your Personal Data.
The above-mentioned rights are not absolute. Circumstances may occur as a result of which we may not be able to accommodate a specific request. We will assess every request individually. Should we be unable to accommodate a specific request, we will notify you accordingly citing reasons for this. Nevertheless, the right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes is absolute. Whatever the case, we will honour any request declining commercial exposure.
11. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you will know exactly where you stand. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement which will have an impact on you (for example, if we intend to process your Personal Data for other purposes than communicated in the past in this Privacy Statement), we will notify you of these changes before the new activities begin.
12. CONTACT US
For any of your requests in regard to this Privacy Statement or if you have a complaint, please contact us through the contact details listed below.
Metrological Media Innovations B.V.
3011 NK Rotterdam, the Netherlands
+31 10 414 22 57
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about your data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Last updated: 22 March 2022 (Version 2022.1)