Director, Software Development & Engineering
The teamleader platform is responsible to manage, coach and motivate staff as well as plan resource allocation across projects (in coordination with the Program managers). You are responsible for tracking progress of teammates against planning and take action where need be.
You also focus on growth of your teammates: ensure they grow their knowledge and skills to become even more skilled and enthusiastic about their work.
The team leader platform is also responsible for optimizing the development and test processes and lab setups used in the team with the goal to work more efficient and ensure high quality software.
When there are issues in deliveries of the team, or in live deployments, you are the escalation point and you will ensure the team investigates and resolves the issues with urgency.
You will be part of the operational MT.
- Managing the staff of several teams: people leadership, planning and prioritizing activities across the staff.
- Coordination of the development, validation and release of Platform integrations, Backend releases and SDK updates.
- Leading the platform integration team. The team integrates and maintains the Metrological application platform across all customer deployments. This team is also responsible for innovations of the application platform.
- Leading the metrological Backend team. The Metrological backend which is under control of the team is serving 40M+ households.
- Leading the SDK support team. The SDK support team is supporting external developers that build apps using the Metrological SDK.
- Being the escalation point internal, and external.
- Support engineers in customer contact where need be.
- Maintain and manage the development planning and track it on a weekly basis. Determine planning in close cooperation with the Program managers.
- Coordinate a team of 10+ Platform integration engineers, Backend engineers, QA and SDK engineers.
- Ensure the appropriate processes/infrastructure and procedures are developed and applied in the teams to allow for efficient and high quality SW development and release.
- 3+ years of hands on software development experience.
- Very experienced as a team leader of a software development teams or project manager of software development projects (at least 8+ years leadership experience).
- Experience as Scrum master
- Master level degree in computer sciences or related technical area’
- Ability to influence the internal organization to change way-of-working/processes to improve efficiency and thrive for customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate project activities and work and communicate effectively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with external customers&suppliers
- Fluent spoken and written English, understanding of the Dutch language is desired but not required;
- You do not have a 9-to-5 mentality and can deal with stressful situations and changing priorities;
- You thrive in being involved in handling many parallel trajectories and juggle many balls. You like those dynamics;
- You have experience with working with Jira.
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a laptop and mobile. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are virtually unlimited career opportunities.
Who we are
Since 2005 we have been building an innovative cloud based TV Application Platform for TV operators to give their customers access to the latest and most popular series, films, music and more. With the complete product suite, consisting of the TV App Store, App Manager, Dashboard and App Library, TV operators are able to launch, operate and monetise their own branded TV App Store. We are a market leader in the industry, with a broad portfolio of international customers that includes many of the largest media companies and operators in the world such as Vodafone, Liberty Global, KPN, NOS, Turkcell and beIN, offering content owners a reach of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
From our offices in Rotterdam, Wroclaw and Silicon Valley we are working with a dedicated team of ambitious colleagues on innovations in the field of technology and entertainment every day. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues who want to grow along with us.