Senior Manual Test Engineer at Metrological
Responsible for designing and executing test environments for Quality Assurance Engineers. Tests products and software to ensure quality and a successful rollout. Assists in managing project teams, developing test strategies and designing quality assurance practices. Leads Engineering teams in investigation process which includes identifying, reproducing and documents defects, bugs, or problems. Maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
In this hands-on test role, you are responsible for testing our software applications, for defining and setting up of test environments, creating the test cases, creating internal and external test reporting and engaging with our software engineers as well as third parties’ developers and testers.
You are also responsible for analyzing any deviations found during testing and report them to the Dev/Ops team as well as to the Project team. You will work in a flexible company, in a challenging and international environment where a lot of the newest technologies come together.
- Executing the various forms of software testing, including functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, test automation, manual testing, stress testing and endurance testing;
- Analyzing and performing root cause analysis regarding the issues found and discussing them with the Software developers;
- Defining, setting up and maintaining the software test environment;
- Developing test cases, writing test plans as well as test reports;
- Working together with a Quality Assurance team to assess product problems and brainstorm solutions.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering;
- At least 12 years of work experience as a software tester/software integration tester in an innovative software development lab;
- An excellent command of the English language, both verbal and in writing;
- Experience with working with Jira;
- experience with testing applications/software on embedded devices;
- Experience with debugging tools for application code;
- Proven problem solving, bug detection and regression skills;
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues;
- Experience with QA tools, networking tools and automation, is a plus;
- Knowledge of media streaming technologies and video industry, delivering media applications on multiple platforms: OTT and streaming video devices, Set Top Box hardware, is a big plus;
- Passion for video content, including live TV, Movies and Shows, Sports, and News, is a plus;
- Dynamic, comfortable and calm under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects, able to handle many test streams in parallel;
- You do not have a 9-to-5 mentality and can deal with stressful situations and changing priorities;
- You have great communication skills and communicate easily with developers about the issues at hand.
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a laptop and mobile. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are virtually unlimited career opportunities.
Who we are
Since 2005 we have been building an innovative TV Application Platform for TV operators to give their customers access to the latest and most popular series, films, music and more. With the complete product suite, consisting of the TV App Store, App Manager, Dashboard and App Library, TV operators are able to launch, operate and monetize their own branded TV App Store. We are a market leader in the industry, with a broad portfolio of international customers that includes many of the largest media companies and operators in the world such as Vodafone, Liberty Global, KPN, NOS, Turkcell and beIN, offering content owners a reach of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
From our offices in Rotterdam, Wroclaw and Silicon Valley we are working with a dedicated team of ambitious colleagues on innovations in the field of technology and entertainment every day. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues who want to grow along with us.