- You will mentor and assist the other developers in the team;
- You will advise and help them fixing complex technical challenges;
- You are able to indentify solutions behind the issue;
- You will provide your own creative solutions or you will work on the client’s specific wishes;
- You will work in conjunction with the Director SW development.
The result of your work? The apps developed by yourself and the team are used daily, worldwide, in the TV App Stores of, among others, Comcast, Liberty Global (Ziggo/UPC), Vodafone and KPN. Furthermore you will also analyse any difficult app integration issue and support in the communication of issues to other technical teams.
- You are responsible in liaising with the technical teams of Metrological to ensure all relevant knowledge is available in the the app development team and address any technical issues that pertain to other technical teams;
- You advise and review in defining the app development tooling and environment;
- You are serving as a mentor for the team members of the app development team;
You are located in Rotterdam and part of the app development team, consisting of 13 team members, including Designers, Frontend App Developers and QA.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer sciences or related technical area or proved related technical experience;
- Experienced with the entire software development process (must);
- Experience developing in a resource constrained environment (e.g. limited memory, GPU, CPU) (must);
- Experienced with Canvas/WebGL based applications and SDK is a plus;
- As a coach you are very communicative and love to technically guide and coach colleagues;
- Experienced in NodeJS (advantage);
- Excellent command of the English language, in word and in writing;
- You show initiative, are pro-active and show creativity;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a laptop and mobile. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are virtually unlimited career opportunities.
Who we are
Since 2005 we have been building an innovative cloud based TV Application Platform for TV operators to give their customers access to the latest and most popular series, films, music and more. With the complete product suite, consisting of the TV App Store, App Manager, Dashboard and App Library, TV operators are able to launch, operate and monetise their own branded TV App Store. We are a market leader in the industry, with a broad portfolio of international customers that includes many of the largest media companies and operators in the world such as Vodafone, Liberty Global, KPN, NOS, Turkcell and beIN, offering content owners a reach of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
From our offices in Rotterdam, Wroclaw and Silicon Valley we are working with a dedicated team of ambitious colleagues on innovations in the field of technology and entertainment every day. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues who want to grow along with us.