Program Manager at Metrological
Responsible for the technical program management activities and alignment for strategic programs, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule, with guidance from senior staff member(s). Serve as the program lead for specific, defined multi-discipline technical programs or projects of greater than average complexity and scope. Responsible and accountable in the planning, development and delivery of new technical programs. Acts as a technical expert in own area within the organization.
As a Metrological Program Manager you are responsible for leading multiple complex customer facing programs and operationally manage the program team (typically varying from 4 to 10 team members), as well as keeping third party vendors in the programs under control. Programs typical have a duration of 6-18 months and have a large software component.
The focus of the Program manager is mainly on managing the team, managing suppliers and managing the customer and third parties involved in the project. You will work closely with the Account management and Development departments of Metrological.
- Manage all levels of program, from initiation, planning, execution, monitoring until completion of the program; also manage future updates and upgrades.
- Create and control program Project plans and schedules in order to integrate, customize and deploy the Metrological software products at the customer.
- Identify, confirm and obtain participation from required cross-functional teams. Ensure the team clearly understands roles and responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Coordinate daily program activities, create status reports (internal and external), perform resource and budget forecasting, manage change requests and resolve issues.
- Daily communication with stakeholders and those who are responsible at the customer. Report on progress and manage expectations.
- Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Ensures programs are completed successfully, resulting in customer satisfaction;
- Leading and coaching the program team.
- Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the program plan.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions.
- Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance scope, time and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Leads senior executive readouts about program status, changes, escalations and business case assessments.
- Works with Head of Operations and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads team to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
We are looking for an experienced professional, with good leadership qualities and management skills. You are flexible, pragmatic and able to manage multiple deadline-driven software integration projects in parallel. You are experienced in working in a fast paced environment and you can easily adjust to changing priorities.
We operate internationally - you enjoy working together with other cultures and are proactive and skilled in (remote) communication. You also see no issue in the fact that working hours can shift regularly, because customers are in different time zones.
You should have:
- Masters degree in computer science or electrotechnics or similar work and thinking level;
- A minimum of 8 years work-related experience is required in a Digital TV or working with TV operators. Experienced in managing business-to-business deployment projects;
- At least 10 years of experience in managing software development and integration projects in team lead, project manager and/or program manager role, Strong leadership and management experience;
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with (embedded) software development as a software engineer or software architect;
- You are diplomatic, result driven, a strong leader and motivator;
- You are flexible, pragmatic and able to manage multiple deadline-driven software integration projects in parallel;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A strong personality and able to convince;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (respecting and depending on the current COVID-19 measures).
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a laptop and mobile. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are virtually unlimited career opportunities.
Who we are
Since 2005 we have been building an innovative cloud based TV Application Platform for TV operators to give their customers access to the latest and most popular series, films, music and more. With the complete product suite, consisting of the TV App Store, App Manager, Dashboard and App Library, TV operators are able to launch, operate and monetise their own branded TV App Store. We are a market leader in the industry, with a broad portfolio of international customers that includes many of the largest media companies and operators in the world such as Vodafone, Liberty Global, KPN, NOS, Turkcell and beIN, offering content owners a reach of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
From our offices in Rotterdam, Wroclaw and Silicon Valley we are working with a dedicated team of ambitious colleagues on innovations in the field of technology and entertainment every day. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues who want to grow along with us.