Junior Network and IT Engineer at Metrological
We are looking for a Network and IT engineer to strengthen our winning team!
You are part of a local IT team that takes care of the network and IT environment for our Dutch and Polish offices. Your primary focus involves supporting hardware (devices), infrastructure; application implementation; monitoring as well as end-user support. Additionally, you will have a hands-on responsibility for managing the TV operators (=Metrological customers) set-top boxes which we have on our premises. You will report to our network and IT manager.
Did we catch your attention, if yes keep reading, if you are an enthusiastic network and IT engineer who is eager to pick up all applicable tasks and eager to learn you are just one step away.
- Perform Day-to-day IT support: helping end-users with any IT issues (hardware and applications) they may face and escalate complex issues to the local IT manager or the worldwide Comcast IT support.
- Responsible for resolving local IT infrastructure related issues in the Dutch and Polish offices varying from printers not working, Wi-Fi/networking issues, laptop issues, etc.
- Involved in hands on physical setup of server rooms and infrastructure in the office including cabling (network, phone, server, desktop cabling, power).
- Involved in installing cloud solutions, security solutions and applications.
- Preparing new devices (laptop, phone, monitor, etc.) for staff.
- Responsible for managing the set-top boxes (STBs) in the Metrological premises (context: Metrological develops software for Digital TV operators and we have somewhere between 5 and 20 STBs per operator (total 150+ STBs at the moment) in our premises as well as engineers homes that need to be managed which includes: tracked where they are, upgraded, shipped from one location to the other, ensure they are complete with cabling, remote, etc.).
- Participate in running IT improvement projects.
- Participate in developing and implementing application-level monitoring, ensures system and/or application fault analyses are completed.
- Supporting technical setup of exhibitions.
- Engage with IT colleagues around the globe for resolving challenges in company wide software applications.
- Work with Comcast IT department to align global IT policies and processes.
- Associate degree (MBO – level 4) or higher professional technical education (bachelor’s degree - HBO) in IT/network engineering, computer science or equivalent professional level achieved due to experience (must);
- You have 0-3 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications (Office, OneDrive, Teams, etc.), AD, Outlook, windows, Mac, VOIP phone, printers.
- You have basic knowledge of IT infrastructure like Windows server, VM ware, firewalls, switches, NAS, backup & recovery, networking.
- In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN and VPN.
- You are enthusiastic, hands on and very interested in improving each day and learning new IT networking techniques.
- You are skilled in communication and you enjoy being in contact with end users.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Dutch is a plus.
- You have a proactive attitude towards work and not a ‘9 to 5’ mentality but a ‘let’s go for it’ spirit (must).
- You are accurate, your work is structured and you are a team player who takes his/her responsibilities and is capable of working independently.
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a laptop and mobile. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are virtually unlimited career opportunities.
Who we are
Since 2005 we have been building an innovative TV Application Platform for TV operators to give their customers access to the latest and most popular series, films, music and more. With the complete product suite, consisting of the TV App Store, App Manager, Dashboard and App Library, TV operators are able to launch, operate and monetize their own branded TV App Store.
We are a market leader in the industry, with a broad portfolio of international customers that includes many of the largest media companies and operators in the world such as Vodafone, Liberty Global, Sky, KPN, NOS, and MultiChoice, offering content owners a reach of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
From our offices in Rotterdam, Wroclaw and Silicon Valley we are working with a dedicated team of ambitious colleagues on innovations in the field of technology and entertainment every day. We are expanding rapidly and are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues who want to grow along with us.